murt22

Backup issues - OLE error

Before I upgraded to v8, I encountered an error: "OLE exception error. Exception code c0000005. OLE object may be corrupt."

I was still able to backup, and used it to restore the data to v8. In v8, I get the same error but it stops very quickly. When I looked for current backup - I can't find it. I tried putting it in a specific place with specific name and it isn't there - so I don't think I am getting any backups.

How do I get rid of this error? Any suggestions?

Murt

Before I upgraded to v8, I encountered an error: "OLE exception error. Exception code c0000005. OLE object may be corrupt."

I was still able to backup, and used it to restore the data to v8. In v8, I get the same error but it stops very quickly. When I looked for current backup - I can't find it. I tried putting it in a specific place with specific name and it isn't there - so I don't think I am getting any backups.

How do I get rid of this error? Any suggestions?

Murt

Murt,

my first suggestion (although not immediately related to be behavior you described) would be to run TMG's maintenance tools for your v8 project in the order: Optimize > Validate File Integrity > Optimize

Then close TMGv8.

Shut down all other applications on your computer and re-boot the computer.

Temporarily turn off your virus scanner.

Start TMGv8.

Immediately say: File > Backup (you should use TMG's default location for Backups. Or perhaps Backup to your Desktop, but not to an external drive or a flash drive, please).

Then please report back in order to let us know whether it helped/worked.

(Don't forget to turn on your virus scanner again.)

I tried the Optimize, VFI, Optimize, etc. It said there was 1 problem, but did not speicify what it was. Is there a log where this would be? I tried to back up again with the exhibits and again got the error. There is apparently a corrupt exhibit - but I don't know how to find it.