lhumphrey

Back up problem

I am trying to backup my TMGv7 and get an error:

OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registerred. 35

MENUOBJTMG.MBACKUPWIZARD

If I click Ignore button, I get:

GOWIZARD is not an object. 41 MENUOBJTMG.MBACKUPWIZARD

I purchased TMGv8 and can't get this new one to work either.

Please help! I tried email but responder quit answering my emails.

Lori

I started getting the exact same errors when trying to back up any one of my three totally separate Ver8 databases. Have rebooted, then run optimize, validate file integrity, optimize. Still got same errors.

Closed TMGv8, rebooted, turned off virus scanner, started TMG and tried File > Backup, but still got same errors.

Submitted ticket through TMG Help menu, but waiting for reply. Hope someone has a fix, as I'm holding off doing any more editing until this gets resolved.

Can't even get to that point, Virginia. Get error messages as soon as I either try File > Backup, or answer Yes when exiting if want to back up.

Why are you posting in the TMG7 forum? Please post TMG8 issues in the TMG8 forum.

I am going to remove any TMG8 posts from this topic after a bit.

Because I saw lhumphrey's post yesterday on V7 forum who just experienced the same problem - same error msgs and codes. I responded to her post on v7 list that I was having the same problem, then thought it was significant enough to add that comment to my v8 list post.

I am using TMG v. 7 and have never been able to backup my data to any external drive. The backups always go to my hard drive. Last year I had lengthy email exchanges with TMG Help but eventually but gave up because we weren't accomplihing anything. Last Week I decided to try again with them. No results yet! Someone has to have an answer.

Bobby Brown

What operating system are you using? What is the external drive and how is it connected to your computer? There might be something about the set-up which will help understand the problem.

Robert

Bobby -

Did TMG Help suggest you make your backup to your hard drive and then copy that .sqz file to your external drive? It may be a computer specific condition. I have one computer where backing up TMG directly to an external medium works just fine, and another older computer where it doesn't work and I have to copy the .sqz file over. This has been a problem over the years that seems to affect some people (or some computer systems) and not others.

When backing up directly to your external drive, what happens if you backup your project only and at Step 4 select 'None' for compression? Is there an error message or does it work?

Virginia