Source Citations for Exhibits

Source Citations Exhibits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Stark

John Stark
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Society of Genealogists, London.
    Member of the Guild of One-name Studies researching Hewitson, Stark and variants. (The intention being to record every Hewitson etc, worldwide. Currently biased towards UK data). Current TMG database circa 100,000 persons. Retired Computer Systems Developer.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

What is the best way to record source citations for an exhibit?

I haven't discovered a way of linking an exhibit to an entry in the Master Source List. For example, if I acquire data and exhibits, say a photo, I can attach a source citation to the data, but not the photo. Is there a way of linking the photo to a source?

#2 Terry Reigel

Terry Reigel
  • Moderators
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

John,

I don't know of a way to do that for TMG reports. For websites created with Second you can enter the citation using the embedded citation codes - [CIT:]source no.;CD[:CIT] - in the exhibit caption.
Terry

See my Tutorials and Articles on using TMG at tmg.reigelridge.com

The Second Edition of my book, A Primer for The Master Genealogist, is still available
. For more information see my website.

#3 John Stark

John Stark
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Society of Genealogists, London.
    Member of the Guild of One-name Studies researching Hewitson, Stark and variants. (The intention being to record every Hewitson etc, worldwide. Currently biased towards UK data). Current TMG database circa 100,000 persons. Retired Computer Systems Developer.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for that, Terry. As I don't use Second it looks as though I'll have to continue entering an acknowledgement in the description. Seems an odd oversight. I've looked for a WishList to add this to, but couldn't find one. Is there one on the Forum or WG Website?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Source Citations, Exhibits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users