Sign in to follow this  
ketchell

Check for updates doesn't work

I'm using the original v.8 installation. When I choose Check for update from the menu it doesn't work. Every few times I try it, it appears to recognize the wiseupto update file but then always returns an error message. Usually I just get the error message which states "An error occurred while trying to locate the update to TMG v.8. etc." I have an active internet connection so that is not the issue. I never had any problem with the "host server" having access with v.7 updates. I don't use a proxy server. Any ideas on why the "check for update" doesn't work? Also, if I cancel out of this error message TMG8 doesn't restart like it did in v.7.

Thanks for any ideas.

The problem was resolved by updating to v.8.1. One of the tech support people at TMG responded to my trouble report. Here is the reply for anyone else with this problem. Note that I did backup my data set. But as the email below says, updating to 8.1 did not appear to change my data. It came back at the point it was before uninstall/install. In addition, the 8.1 fixed the problem of being unable to "check for updates"

Go to our web site and download the Free 30 Day trial of TMG. SAVE that download to your computer. Uninstall TMG V8. This will NOT affect your data. Run the file you just downloaded to install TMG V8.01. Use the same installation criteria you used for the original install i.e. for all users...