Dawn Ellis

errors when restoring, or opening project

I have just installed TMG 8 .01 on my desktop computer. Previously had installed it on my laptop with no problems.

When I try to do a restore with a .sqz file from my laptop I am getting the following errors: Ole error code:0x80040154, class not registered, 72 getfilex, I ignore that and get Object Loform is not found 73 Getfilex, followed by 74-77 Getfilex, then 120 getfilex, and 127 getfilex, when I ignore all these errors, I am back where I started.

I have even tried transferring my whole project file from one computer to the other, but I don't even get to the point where I can pick a sqz file or a project file before I get these errors.

I called and spoke to someone in Tech support. she told me to uninstall TMG, delete all the files and reinstall after turning off the firewall.

I tried that and I am getting the same errors. I also notice that when I reinstalled the serial number I had previously entered when I first activated, is still present. So I am thinking I am not getting a clean uninstall.

Both computers have v 8.01 installed, the desktop is win7, the laptop vista.

Please help

Thanks

Dawn

When I try to do a restore with a .sqz file from my laptop I am getting the following errors: Ole error code:0x80040154, class not registered, 72 getfilex,

There is an unregistered DLL used by the PDF driver. Please try this fix...

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?showtopic=14260&view=findpost&p=57483

I also notice that when I reinstalled the serial number I had previously entered when I first activated, is still present.

That is a non-issue. If the operating system virtualizes the registration data, then it can only be removed manually.

When I try to do a restore with a .sqz file from my laptop I am getting the following errors: Ole error code:0x80040154, class not registered, 72 getfilex,

There is an unregistered DLL used by the PDF driver. Please try this fix...

http://www.whollygen...indpost&p=57483

I also notice that when I reinstalled the serial number I had previously entered when I first activated, is still present.

That is a non-issue. If the operating system virtualizes the registration data, then it can only be removed manually.

I tried the steps outlined,

1) the printer did not exist, so I couldn't delete it.

2) cdintf400.dll did not exist, so I couldn't delete it.

3) I installed the pdf printer

4) I am already using 8.01

The problem still exists, but thanks for your prompt reply.

Did you check the correct path? On your system, the path should be:

"C:WindowsSysWOW64cdintf400.dll"

Did you check the correct path? On your system, the path should be:

"C:WindowsSysWOW64cdintf400.dll"

yes, I double checked to make sure this computer was a 64 bit, then went looking as you said...but I didn't find it...though I just looked again now and did find it, so I deleted it, installed the pdf printer again and tried to restore...it did the same thing.

I restarted the computer and I am still getting the same error.

Sorry to be a pain

First, you need to resolve whether the driver is working. Leave restore out of it.

Use the Sample project and determine if you can output to PDF or a printer.

Hi Jim,

Apparently I cannot. as soon as I selected a report I got the following

OLE error code 0x80040154:class not registered. 123

REPORTOBJ,MRUNRPT

Jim,

I went through all the steps in your tips post including checking the printer properties to be sure NULL was selected.

I have the same issue - Did this ever get resolved?

No, I was installing on my father's computer (I usually update his file one a year, he acts as another backup for me. He doesn't actually use the software, but occasionally likes to look at the tree view) so it is not a major issue, but I would like to get the program working on my next trip north. Maybe start another thread since I am 1000 mile away and can't work on fixing this, maybe you can get yours fixed.