Sign in to follow this  
Robert Stoy

Ver 8.01 Failed to Load and Removed Ver 8.0

Had Version 8.0 installed and worked fine. Program opened and it started to download and install Ver 8.01. Download worked OK but install hung at about 90% completed and backed out. Problem is the original files for 8.0 were removed during installation process by TMG and Ver 8.01 doesn't exist. So, I'm without any program, either 8.0 or 8.01. How to recover from this?

Download the trial version of TMG8 from the main web site. What you will get is the full program, v8.01. Install that. You may or may not have to enter the original version 8 serial number.

Hope this helps . . .

Robert

Update. Finally was able to install Ver 8.01. Could only be done by clicking on the "Typical" installation. The "Custom" installation continued to fail - tried a half-dozen variations on install process, including making sure leftover files from 8.01 install were removed from computer. The other failure of the "Custom" install was its failure to make backup files and re-install them when the 8.01 install failed.

This is exactly is the same problem that I had and the same solution that I stumbled on as well, that finally allowed me to install 8.01 on my computer.