Sign in to follow this  
MichaelMaggs

Variable 'PROPERTY' is not found with v8

Have recently upgraded UK Gold v7 to UK version 8, and I now get this error on starting up:

Variable 'PROPERTY' is not found 129 CREATEFLAGSTRING

I'm running on Windows 7 via Parallels on Mac OS X Lion.

Version 7 worked fine. Anyone able to help, please?

Michael

:question: Is your TMG project located in the Windows file system?

If it isn't please see the forum topic Using TMG 7 on a Mac

:excl: Although TMG 8 seems to run OK with project files in the Mac file system I recommend they be located on the Windows side.

It has also been suggested that TMG be started with the Welcome Screen enabled, I always start TMG that way.

Many thanks - that was most helpful.

My project file has been stored on the Mac side, mainly for easy backup via Time Machine. But as you suggest I'll move it into the Windows system and use Time Machine on the .sqz files instead.

Regards

Michael

:phone1: Please let us know if moving the project files to the Windows side solves the start-up error.

I got the following error when TMG did the conversion of my database from v7 to v8.

"Variable 'PROPERTY' is not found 14FIX_70"

There were multiple occurrences with different codes at the end. I had to 'Abort' to make them stop.

Now I get an error like noted in this thread, only with alternating 129 and 135 codes, again needing to 'Abort.' Once I am in my database, things seem to work fine. I am using WinXP SP3, but have my database/project files on a flash drive. Do the project files need to be on a local disk?

Edited by Carda

:question: Have you run the maintenance routines?

The suggest procedure is Optimize followed by Verify File Integrity followed by Optimize. If VFI finds and fixes problems repeat VFI until it reports no problems.

As for project files on flash drive, it seems to be working for you, one thing that could be a potential problem is the drive letter assigned by Windows when you insert the drive could change.

Others may have more experience with projects used from a flash drive.