Sign in to follow this  
cassin

List of Events Report

I would like to create a List of Events that occurred in a specific County but I cannot find the option to include the source that supports the event. Is there a way to include the source, either embedded or as an endnote? Thanks. Pat

You cannot include "the source" in a list of events because, in general, there are likely to be several Citations to different Sources attached to the event - the columnar format of a List of Events report does not accommodate multiple items of a type in the output. The best you can do in the output is show the number of Citations, which will probably not help.

You can construct various filters to include only events with Citations to a particular Source.

One way to get at this might be to find the desired events with a List of Events report, and use the Secondary Output to set a temporary Flag for everyone with those events. Then, run an Individual Narrative or Individual Detail report for everyone with that Flag setting, and restrict the output to only events with the Tag Type(s) of the events you are interested in. How well that would work would likely depend on how many other Tags you have of the same Type(s).

It soulds like you really want...

List of Citations

Filtered Group

Filter

Linked Event... Place L4 Contains [?] END

"Place L4" is the default county place level.

When you run the report, you will get a prompt and should enter the county name.

I want to thank both Terry and Jim for their replies. Sorry I didn't do so earlier. I have been playing with their suggestions and using two reports - List of People and List of Citations, I have been able to get what I want. I then can cut and paste the two together to make one report. Thanks a lot.