Jim

Project in use elsewhere..

When attempting to use an existing project, I am now getting a message that "the project I'm trying to open is in use elsewhere". I've never seen this message before yesterday.

Can anybody tell me what's up?

Just prior to recieving this message, I was getting some OLE error messages.

Any help would be greatly appriecated.

Jim

I have installed and reinstalled tmg8 and when trying to restore a project from 7 to 8 I received message "someone else is using the selected project and is not possible to restore it".

I would appreciated any help to resolve this problem.

Faye

Ever since upgrading to v.8 I have not been able to back up my projects. I get the message that the project is in use elsewhere and can not be backed up. I do not have TMG running any other projects. I REALLY need to back this up. HELP!

Was your data properly backed up by V7 and then restored in V8 (as oppsed to opening it directly in V8)? Does V7 still exist on your machine? Is V7 simultaneously open when you attempt the backup from V8? Do V7 and V8 share any directories?

The answers to these questions may help track down the problem. All good wishes.

Robert

Edited by Robert Jacobs

First of thankyou for replying to my query.

In reply to your question Robert I backed up v7 and then tried to restore in v8. As an extra I also backed up onto a stick and neither can I make work.

V7 still exists and no I don't have both open at the same time. To answer your last question not to my knowledge. I seems strange that I have been able to restore 2 of my projects but not my third one. It has restored a previous back up of my thrid project but not the latest one that I did for the transfer to v8.

With thanks

Faye

Faye -

Try making your backup with project files (+accents and filters) only. If the backup is on a stick drive, copy the backup .sqz file to your hard drive and restore from there, not directly from the external drive. Let us know if that works. TMG v7 and v8 files are located in separate folders, so there should not be a problem with both of them on the same machine. I have both versions and use both.

Virginia

Dear Faye,

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. It is possible that your copy of V8 doesn't close completely for some reason. Try making the SQZ file with V7, then reboot the computer. Before opening any other programs, try the V8 restore. I'm afraid that's all I can think of. It may be that some other person, more familiar with TMG may be able to offer further suggestions. As it is, I think Virginia's suggestion were probably closer to the mark than mine. All good wishes.

Robert

Faye -

At what point in the Restore process do you get the error message? Is it when you select the path to which the project will be restored? Are you restoring this third project on top of the earlier restore you made of that project - and that project is not open in TMG at the time?

Are you restoring from the Welcome window or from the File menu in TMG? If from the File menu, try it from the Welcome window. That option is in Preferences / Startup and Exit.

Virginia