RLHodges11

Transfering v8 from one PC to another PC

I'm afraid I all ready know the answer to this but I thought I would check anyway. I up graded my v7 to v8 back in January. At the time I wasn't thinking of getting a new computer, well lo and behold I got one and now I want to move TMG to the new computer. I never got the cd nor did I think about saving a copy of the uncompiled version of the program since in the past I normally don't do something like this very quickly. My question is, short of buying a new complete v8, is there any known why to transfer the program from one computer to the other?

Download the trial version of TMG8 from the Wholly Genes web site. Install it. Use the same serial number and name details you got with your purchase of V8 to unlock it. Backup your data on the old computer, copy the backup to a flash drive, and restore it on the new machine.

Robert

The solution described is not working for me. The situation is slightly different but the solution should be the same. My computer crashed about the same time V8 came out. So I purchased V8 as well as the CD. The problem is that the password will not activate the program. I have triple checked. The password is the same as my V7 password (I wrote it on the V7 CD) but it does not work. What is my next step?

The v8 password is not the same as the v7 password. You need to find the correct password for v8. If you can't find it on an email or material that came with your CD, contact support.