lwmontgomery

Individual Narrative Preview with Sources

I just up graded to V8 and have a problem with the "Individual Narrative Preview with Sources". When I click on it from the tool bar, or go to the reports menu and try and use this function, it starts to work, but a black screen pops up (to fast to read all of it) and the function shuts down. I think the black screen says something about batch files. Any one having this problem?

Leonard

Hi Leonard,

Not sure why you are having this problem but try this. Open the "IN preview with sources" from the reports menu. On the Report Definition Screen "Delete" that standard report definition. As the TMG Help in the topic "Report Definition Screen" states:

If you delete a standard report definition, the report will be recreated with default values the next time a report of that type is added or edited. In other words, you can't really delete a standard report definition. It's always there behind the scenes, waiting for you to create another report of that type.

In fact TMG will give a notice that "This is a standard report definition and cannot be deleted. Would you like to reset the options to the defaults?" Just click "Yes". Using this method to recreate the default values ensures that the report has a clean definition. Let us know if that works.

Thank's for the suggestions, but that did not work. I was able to get a screen print of the error message and this is what it says.

'/' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Additional information. If I select the "Individual Narrative" or the "Individual Narrative Preview" from reports and under Options select sources as a footnote, it will create the report. But the "Individual Narrative Preview with Sources" will not work when doing the same.

Leonard

Edited by lwmontgomery

You are running v8.01, right?

This fix is in v8.01...

"Individual Narrative preview with sources - One or more users encountered errors when trying to run this report. Some changes were made to prevent the errors."

The defaults when resetting the report were also fixed. In the default, the sources go to endnotes which works much better for the preview.

I would also select the report definition and select [Delete] so that the program regenerates the report configuration from scratch.