Sign in to follow this  
karthur

Help getting my exhibits as endnotes

I have been using TMG 4 for a long time. Now I'm using TMG 8.0 When I generate my report, I would like for my exhibits to be endnotes and not embedded in the narrative text. I could put them anywhere I wanted in 4.0, but not with 8.0.

Here is what I see when I try to generate a report. http://screencast.com/t/aSNhHXk6XE

Notice how the endnotes and footnotes are greyed out. I cant seem to find any way around this. Is there a trick that I'm missing?

These two options are still in development and have been disabled until that work can be completed.

Exactly how these two options should be implemented needs to be decided. These options were originally intended to be used for person images only. If they were to include event, citation and source images and text files, how to make it work would be extremely complicated.

Edited by Jim Byram

Jim,

I guess it could be as complicted as you want to make it. In my case, I would like to bring my V4.0 data forward. The way that it is now doesnt work for me. I have noticed that in V4, the images are either all in the footnote or endnote, but they cant be mixed. I had noticed this shortcoming, but just accecpted it. Sounds like it it being kicked around how it is going to work in the future. If I might make a suggestion.... If this was originally meant to be for person images only, could it be made so that either only the primary image (or ones that are tagged somehow) are only shown in the narrative text. Images that are not the primary (or tagged otherwise) are printed as endnotes or footnotes. That way "important" images or personal images can be in the text, but other, not so important, images can be in the endnotes. This should work with legacy data coming forward.

Any idea on when this will start functioning again? Will it be fixed in an update in V8? Just wondering how long I will have to wait if I do upgrade before I can generate reports with my images.

Thanks

My personal preference would be for Endnotes. I also would have preferred that one or the other of the Footnotes/Endnotes was disabled, rather than both. Now the only way to include source images is to embed them, which makes for a very disjointed report if you are trying to share data with someone.

Just my two cents worth

Dave O.