Nigel Brown

Failure during update from 8.01 to 8.02

Tonight I have had a fatal problem with the 8.01 to 8.02 upgrade to UK Gold.

The update from v8.01 to 8.02 appeared to be going well but at the point where the install was “Writing system registry values” the process stopped, with the following error message: “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”

I have sent the “tmginstall.log” file to the company and await an answer.

In addition, with 8.01 I have had a persistent killer error, namely that the “Optimise” maintenance function fails – every time. I have received no response to my request to WG last week for help with this error, which I can replicate at will. What happens is that the Optimise process removes, actually deletes, several project files, and crashes. It is solveable only by restoring from a backup/sqz file. Unfortunately when it happened the first time, it was at the end of a day-long session in which I added 42 people plus BMD/census/ biographical data and I had no backup of the day’s work to restore from (just one from the start of the day!). Having heard nothing from WG in six days, yesterday I spent another 10 hours adding the same data all over again from scratch, re-creating tags, sources, etc. (and backing up every 15 minutes or so!), but the problem is only with Optimise.

If anyone on the Forum can help with either of these fatal errors, please let me know.

Nigel Brown

UK

Well just installed version 8.02.

Cannot generate any reports.

Program keeps searching for COMDLG32.OCX

This file is not on my computer.

Up to today, I had been very happy with TMG...

Reports: The change log says that some reports are still hidden while some issues are being worked on.

I updated 8.01 to 8.02 successfully but one of my own issues is still there. It is referenced in another thread so I will go there.

Edited by retsof