dthom

Family Group Sheet Printing Error

I get this error code when trying to print a Family Group Sheet. I've tried sending a report to you, but apparently you didn't get one, as I've not heard from you.

When I go to print the FGS, a box comes up with "Conversion Error #6: One or more errors in configuration file". What should I do?

I'm using Vers. 8.2 on an XP windows system.

DThom

Sorry for the delay in answering you. My other life took over my time. G. I took the time and tried the whole list of reports and they all failed with the same "Conversion error #6: One or more errors in configuation file."

EXCEPT the following:

These worked as they should: Ancestor Box Chart

Audit

Descendant Box Chart

Descendant Indented Narrative

Individual Narrative

Journal

Pedigree

Relationship Chart

DThom

I found a similar error msg reported from an earlier TMG version; the solution in that case was to run TMG as an administrator:

Rightclick on the desktop TMG icon, select Properties / Compatibility / Privilege level - run this program as an administrator.

You did not say what output you were using for the reports - preview, Word, PDF. . . . ? Do you have a default printer selected?

Virginia

Thanks for you patience Virginia.

>>I found a similar error msg reported from an earlier TMG version; the solution in that case was to run TMG as an administrator:

>>Rightclick on the desktop TMG icon, select Properties / Compatibility / Privilege level - run this program as an administrator.

I don't have a "Privilage level" listed. What shows up is: Compatibility modes; which is grayed out and only shows older versions of Windows, than my XP.

display settings (mostly colors)

and Input settings.

I couldn't find anyplace to tell me to run as administrator.

>>You did not say what output you were using for the reports - preview, Word, PDF. . . . ? Do you have a default printer selected

I'm trying to output to preview, then to print from there if I'm satisfied with the way the report looks. Yes, using windows default printer.

Guest PhilDee

If you use the Sample Project rather than your data does the same error occur?

Phil