Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Manson

TMG upgrade Gold UK V8.00 to V8.02 fails under Windows 7

TMG upgrade Gold UK V8.00 to V8.02 fails under Windows 7 Home Premium

I have successfully updated my backup PC, running Windows XP, from Gold UK V8.00 to V8.02. However, my Windows 7 PC refuses to update from V8.00.

I selected in TMG 'Help/Check for an update', and was shown

User account control "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" Program Wiseupdt.exe

On clicking 'yes' I received a message stating I need to have a Winsock layer, amongst other bits. I assumed all was OK and clicked 'Next'.

I am then told I have a problem such as no connection to the internet (not true) or problems with the host server (at 10 am EST 15 Mar 2012) or a problem with my proxy server settings (possible).

I am in limbo with my backup working successfully at a higher level than my main PC and no means of synchronisation between the two PCs. Assistance would be welcome.

Your description suggests that you had the TMG8 public beta installed on your system. The TMG8 release version uses a different installer. Be sure that all traces of the TMG8 public beta are removed.

%%%%%%%%%%

Try this procedure to install v8.02...

Uninstall. Delete any remnant program folder.

Delete the installer folder.

C:ProgramDataThe Master Genealogist v8 Installer

Download the 'trial version' installer from the whollygenes.com website.

Install and be sure to use the same program folder that you used for the current installation.

Now you should be up and running with v8.02.

You were right. I had a Beta test V8.00 installed in June 2011 in my system. Now deleted.

I am now up and running on V8.02 Gold UK. I was not even asked to enter my Serial code.

Only addition to the instructions above should be a 'Restart' after deleting the (in my case 2 copies one unqualified and one marked "(for all users)") TMG V8 application(s).

I now have in the Control Panel/Programs, TMG V7, marked (for all users) and TMG V8 with no qualification.

Many thanks.