Sign in to follow this  
GenerationGoneBy

Editing Role Names 8.02

When editing role names in the Master Tag Type window, if you edit more than one role name at a time for a tag, only the last role name gets updated in existing tag types. When you open an existing tag, in the drop down window for the role list, it will show the role as you edited it, but any existing Principals or Witnesses that use that role will still show the old role. If you click on the tag type label, those roles will change to Principal or Witness, and have to be manually updated. Example. If I edit role "fr wh male 0-5" "fr wh male 5-10" and "fr wh male 10-20" only the role "fr wh male 10-20" will be changed in existing tag types. The roles "fr wh male 0-5" and "fr wh male 5-10" will still show in existing tag types as they were before the edit.

Notice that highlighted role in drop down list is "free white male 00-05" (I edited the role "free wh male 00-05" to "free white male 00-05").

Yet notice that James M. Gee (a witness to an existing tag type imported from 7.04) has the old role of "free wh male 00-05" post-101-0-88540600-1332229061_thumb.jpg

f you click on the role itself, it will show a different role. Ex above. If I click on a witness with the role "fr wh male 0-5" and go to the Edit WItness window, the role will not be "fr wh male 0-5". I believe it is defaulting to the role that is sorted first in the list, since the ones I noticed were always "Head of Family" which is the first role I have sorted in the list.

Now I double clicked on the witness James M. Gee 1213 whose role plainly shows as "free wh male 00-05" in the Tag Entry window, but notice that the role shown on the Edit witness window is "Head of Family."

post-101-0-39072400-1332229215_thumb.jpg

Also if you edit a role name, the role name variable [R:Rolename] is not being updated in the role sentences. If you manually update it to match the role name, then since the role names are not being updated in existing tag types, your sentences will print "An unknown person.."

Notice that highlighted role is "free white male 00-05", but highllighted role variable in the sentence still shows "free wh male 00-05"

post-101-0-19018500-1332229437_thumb.jpg

I did all editing of roles in English US. I did not try to see what translating roles in other languages would do. You will only see this issue if you edit more than one role name at a time in a tag type.