wrichards

Journal Report "Blanks for Missing Data"‏

When printing a Journal Report and going to miscellaneous and selecting "Blanks for Missing Data" either the options under "Tags: Abbreviated Events for children" is not working properly or the Help description needs to be changed to reflect the way it works.

The Help description says:

2. You can choose which of the four BMDB events are to be included in the

abbreviated narrative, or even have none print, leaving just the names.

It is not true that you can have none print, leaving just the names, when "Blanks for Missing Data" is used. You always get a line with blanks for birth and marriage events when they are not selected. The death and burial events do not print as the help menu suggests. There is no way you can get "none" to print. What is even more annoying is that the blank lines print when in fact the data is not blank. I selected "Blanks for missing data" not blanks for birth and marriage tags for which data exists.

The simple solution is to get the birth and marriage tags to not print as the help file says and operate the way the death and burial tags do.

I might also mention that it would be nice when "Blanks for Missing Data" appear in a persons narrative where I expect them, if the blanks could be in the order of Birth, Marriage, Death and Burial. When all I have is a birth date the order is usually Buried, Married, Died. It takes a lot of work to have to delete all the erroneous blank entries and rearrange the missing data when preparing a report to send to a relative in the hopes of getting some of the blanks filled.

Bill Richards