I have not been on the forum in several months because I got frustrated and stopped working with TMG. Has Wholley Genes ever corrected their problem with V8 not being compatible with a 64 bit computer and Windows 2010? When I saw on the forum that there is an fix I went to TMG and tried the help, but it tells me I cannot access because of 64 bit. I have been ready to print my book to have it published for months now, but until this problem is fixed I am not able to do anything. I have tried to send the report to something other than Word and use PDF and several other "fixes' that some advised, but it is not acceptable I want to be able to use TMG like I have for my other 2 books and create it in Word and then PDF. Please Help!!

Is this Microsoft Word2010? What operating system - WinXP, Win7?

Note that Office2010 is not supported by Microsoft on WinXP 64-bit, according to the information here. That is not a TMG problem. I am using TMG v8 and Office2010 with Win7 x64.

Virginia

I am also using TMG v8, Office 2010 with Win7 and 64. I can access TMG, collect data and do most anything except create a Journal Report as I used to be able to do. There is a work around that I was told about several months ago where you create an html report and then transfer, but you lose most of the format and the index does not work. I used to be able to create my Journal reports as a Word document and then all the formatting stayed the same and the index worked correctly. I have been told that they were working on a solution and am asking if the solution was ever done. The other thing I have been unable to do is go into help and update, I get an error message about 64 bit not compatible.

What happens when you select Word for the output in the Journal report options - do you get an error message from TMG? You might try resetting the journal report options using the Reset Defaults under the configuration name on the report definition screen. Are you using the Book Manager or individual reports?

Is the 64-bit error message you get when you go to Help / Update coming from TMG or from Windows? Can you quote any more of that error message?

Virginia

When I select TMG help and then check for updates I get the following message: "Associated application not found. No application c:program files(86) TMG is associated with the update engine so it cannot check for updates."

If I try and create a Journal report in Word it gives me the following error:

wordport spawn error - Conversion error #20 - contact technical support.

When I first got this error last year I did call technical support and was told that they were working on making things compatible with Windows 7 64 bit pc's. What I am asking is did they ever do the fix and if so how do I update?

I do not have any problem using TMG for any purpose other than Reports and of course that is what I am needing currently.

OK, that answers my question, I had updated to version 7.04 and when I had so many problems I just quit trying and did not keep up with what was happening. When I started up again last week I did not realize that I was not using the latest version. I am going to update to the newest version today. Thank you for staying with me and solving my problem.