Virginia,

Thanks, I'll do that.

This client's project will be completed by the end of May and then I'll delete the whole folder from my active hard drive and install a new TMG folder. I won't need anything I've set up for this client in any other project.

Steve

Steve -

I am not recommending making a copy of the My Documents folder or deleting that folder for the purposes of keeping client projects separate. Someone else will have to advise you on the wisdom of that. I thought the original question was a way to backup your project without the Backup Wizard. Copying the Projects subfolder would do that.

Note that TMG creates and populates the My Documents folder with specific folders and files as part of its Data File Storage System.

Virginia

Virginia,

Thanks for trying to help me.

Anyone else willing to provide their opinion on copying the entire TMG v8 folder, which is a sub-folder of "My Documents" folder, as a substitute backup? Again, I won't need anything I created in TMG v8 for this particular client to transfer to another project.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve -

Try posting this question on the TMG-L mailing list. As you found, it is a very active list of long-time users - including professional genealogists - and lends itself better to discussions like this of how to use TMG. You can subscribe here.

Virginia

Virginia,

Just got off the phone with TMG tech support. They asked me to hold off on posting anymore about my backup issue until they could figure out why it's not working. They suspect it could be unique to my computer (and I agree with them) and the resolution would probably not be helpful to other TMG users. I've got every major genealogy software program loaded on my computer as well as many database programs that help me with client research projects. And, of course the anti-virus software too. Perhaps there's some sort of overlapping stuff going on?

Again, thanks everyone for your attempts to help me. I sure like TMG and have used it off and on, depending on clients needs, since 1999 with no major problems until now. Any problems I had in the past could always be figured out by reading the "help", the TMG instruction books, and this forum. I don't remember ever posting to this forum or having to contact TMG tech support until this issue. I had no idea the Rootsweb TMG mailing list existed until now and it appears to be a great resource as well.

Thanks,

Steve