Journal report options (sources) - the report option screen does not allow the user to elect both the “disable ibid.” and the “combine consecutive footnotes/endnotes.” Is there a way around this restriction?

Edited by edstrother@aol.com

You're welcome.

Yes, it blocks the check mark as you noted in your first post, but does it do that because Ibid is already disabled when you chose combined? I'm thinking Ibid would get pretty confusing when you combine notes, so Ibid is automatically blocked when you chose the combined option.

When you check Combine Consecutive, the disabled ibid button cannot be used. Instead you can check the disabled ibid button, but then the Combine Consecutive doesn't work. So you have a choice of using one, but not both. I would like to use both buttons. I don't like having "ibid." in the footnotes. I also don't like having multiple separate footnotes in citing a single event. I can "edit" out the multiple footnotes, but that seems to be the difficult way. I didn't have this problem with v. 7.

OK, answered my own question. I built a test project and find that Ibid definitely does appear when Combined is checked. I think that's a bug, and I'll report it.