How do I print a book

What do you mean by a "book"?

Typically, to create output for publication, you would use a Journal report (or even multiple report and chart types). The Journal report has options for a table of contents, a bibliography and an index (with various content) and can utilize Word's multiple documents feature.

Hi Jim:

What I mean is how do I print the reports I select in book form.

Putting together multiple reports to construct a publication is a hands-on undertaking. TMG won't do it for you.

The Book Manager is a device to output a pre-determined set of multiple reports at once. However, you need to respond to any prompts for each report as it is output.

Hi Jim:

I was not looking for TMG to do the work! I do not find simple instructions for using the Book Manager resource. I will send a GED to FTM and produce a book using this software. Thanks for you imput.

Charlie Harris

Hi Jim:

I have printed the instructions but I do not find any reference to the button "create book"

I guess I am do not understand the instructions.

The Book Manager has nothing to do with "books" in the sense that you are discussing. As far as I'm concerned, it's misnamed.

It is just a device to run a list of reports. A Book Manager "book" is the list of report configurations that you create.

Clicking [Create Book] outputs the list of reports for that particular "book"..

Hi Jim:

I have printed the instructions but I do not find any reference to the button "create book"

I guess I am do not understand the instructions.

Once you have selected the reports you wish to include the "create book" button will become active. If you press it, the book's settings will be saved and the reports you have selected will be printed according to the print instructions for each report.

HTH

Robert

From help:

To create the book and save the book settings:

Click on [Create Book].

Hi Jim and Robert:

Thanks to both of you for the responses. I understand the "Create Book" module and your help provided some new knowledge of TMG. I am very disappointed in the purpose for creating a book because it is very weak in producing a book for publishing my TMG database. I have been a serious supporter of TMG but find it difficult to use with my eighty year old neighbors. Keep up the good work and I will check back periodically as I need help.

Sincerely,

Charlie Harris