bhami

sqz file default permissions

Every time I create a new TMG8 sqz file for backup, I have to manually open up its permissions so that I can back it up from another PC. Is there some way to make TMG use less restrictive permissions on sqz files by default?

Thanks,

--Bruce

Bruce,

It sounds like you are trying to make a backup on one PC, then transferring it to another PC to restore. Is that correct? Are you making the transfer by copying it to a CD? All files on a CD are read-only, and I suspect that attribute is being transferred with the file when it's copied to the second PC. Have you verified that the file is read-only when it is first made on the original machine?

I am copying over the local LAN from one PC to another, between hard drives. No CD or DVD is involved. The file is created by TMG with restricted permissions. The issue is specific to TMG. All other files copy fine between the PCs. Only the sqz files have the issue. TMZ is locking down their permissions by default. How do I change that so that I don't have to manually change the permissions every time a new sqz file is created?

--Bruce

Thanks, Virginia. I laboriously read through that thread. People wasted a lot of time scratching their heads over what is clearly a TMG design problem. I still have not seen any response from WhollyGenes.

TMG creates the sqz file with restricted permissions. My workaround is to add Read access for Everyone, but it's a royal pain to have to do that manually every time I create a new sqz.

--Bruce