• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Paul -

Once every remnant of the earlier installation has been removed, it should install. Were you able to locate and delete all the v8 vestiges (including the Virtual Store location) referenced in the pinned message 'Re-installing TMG8' at the top of this forum?. To see some of the files you will need to have Windows Explorer configured to show hidden files and folders.

Virginia
Win7 Professional x64

#22 Don Boyd

Don Boyd
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

This morning I experienced the crash of the 8.04 upgrade on a 64-bit Win 7 system, after (in TMG 8 > Help > Check for Updates) I simply clicked for it to install. I followed Jim Byram's instructions on the pinned message at the top of this forum, cleared all the files and directories as he described, and downloaded the latest setup file. When it was on my Win 7 desktop, I right-clicked and chose "run as administrator", and when it asked whether it was for one user or everyone, I chose everyone. It installed completely, and after I restored my database and beat on it awhile, including exporting the entire database as a GEDCOM and finding no errors, I'm convinced that it is fine. Thanks for the tips!

Edited by Don Boyd, 10 August 2012 - 11:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users