Sign in to follow this  
TeresaR

Another odd report question.

I have a problem that I can't figure out with reports. I'm creating my own book, using the Journal report, a descendant's chart for quick reference, and family group sheets. Each person has a photo accompanying their information. Yet when I create the report, the wive's photos don't show up. In fact, the wive's information don't show up in the journal report beyond the quick marriage. How do I get their information to combine? Or do I have to create a seperate report for her, then copy/paste it into the document?

One day they'll create reports the way we need them, but until then, I guess we have to work with them.

Also, I can't have it just create family group sheets in descendant's order, so I have to create them one at a time and copy/paste them in where I want them. Any suggestions on how to do that easier?

When completed, this project should be well over 100 pages, and I have 30 more days to complete this, so looking for the easiest way to do this the fastest. I still have to edit the entire work to make sure the journal report is merging the data the way I want, and I can't really print this and get it ready to go until a few days before the reunion, due to updates coming in almost on a daily basis, so ease of use is very important here.

I'm creating my own book, using the Journal report, a descendant's chart for quick reference, and family group sheets. Each person has a photo accompanying their information. Yet when I create the report, the wive's photos don't show up. In fact, the wive's information don't show up in the journal report beyond the quick marriage.

Do you have Include Spouse Events checked on the Miscellaneous tab of Options?

Also, I can't have it just create family group sheets in descendant's order, so I have to create them one at a time and copy/paste them in where I want them. Any suggestions on how to do that easier?

You use the Sort tab of Options to control the order. But the only option available that seems likely to work is the Reference field, which would require you to enter something in the Reference Field of each included subject.

Terry, thanks so much! I thought I had everything selected needed, but apparently missed that. It's working now, thanks!

As for the sort, I'll give that a shot, and see what I can do to get those in the right order. Eventually everything will be in one Microsoft Word document so I can use the indexing option with word. I really appreciate the advice.