sue535

Exhibits - Pros & Cons of External vs Internal

Would you please discuss the pros & cons of External exhibits vs Internal exhibits.

I am in the process of scanning documents & photos and adding them to TMG.

My photos get scanned as jpegs and end up in Window's Live Photo Gallery. I then add them to TMG, but I don't know whether it is best to add them as External or Internal. Some photos that I have added in the past don't seem to be available anymore & I'm not sure why - probably because I've cleaned up my photos over the years and also changed computers.

My documents get scanned as .tif files in grey style. I can put them in My Documents file rather than Window's Live Photo Gallery. Would it be better to leave them in the Photo Gallery?

I don't want to get too far in my scanning project and then have to redo everything.

Thank you for any help.

Sue

Hi Sue,

There are pros and cons to each approach. This topic is often discussed on the TMG-L ListServ among users. You could search that mailing list's archives here using search terms "exhibits external internal". One standard reply is here written by Terry Reigel last Fall. It summarizes the issues.

Hope this gives you ideas,