I have used TMG for a long time, but since upgrading to TMG8 UK from TMG7, I have been getting error messages when trying to print certain Reports. I am not trying to do them as a pdf. I use Vista 32bit.

Here is the message that appears when I am trying to print an Individual Detail report, after I have pressed the Create Report button.

OLE IDispatch exception code 1801 from CDINTF~1: Printer Installation failed. .

If I click on Ignore the following message appears:

OLE IDispatch exception code 65535 DEVMODE is NULL Check that the printer is installed correctly .

If I click on Ignore again, the Screen Preview Draft View opens.

If I click the Print button, the same message appears:

OLE IDispatch exception code 65535 DEVMODE is NULL Check that the printer is installed correctly .

If I click on Ignore again I am then able to print the Report.

The same message also occurs for the following Reports:

Ahnentafel - both; Audit; Descendant Indented Chart & Narrative; Distribution of People; Family Group Sheet; Journal Report; Kinship Report; List of: Pedigree – both; Relationship Chart

However the vcf charts all print without any messages or problems: Ancestor Box Chart; Descendant Box Chart; Fan Chart; Hourglass Box Chart

I see from the Forum a similar problem, but it relates to Win 7 users and pdf.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Program following the guidelines by Jim Byram but the problem remains. (I have the latest update 8.04).

Any advice very welcome please, as I am puzzled as to why despite all these error messages I am able to print the Report eventually.

Karin -

Even though you are not sending output to PDF, I would make sure the PDF printer is installed. In TMG go to File / Printer Setup / Install PDF printer (button at the top right). While you are in that window, check that you have selected your specific printer, not the Windows default. You might also try resetting the report definition to its defaults, using the button under the configuration name.

Virginia

You are using the current version, right? If not, you should. There was a fix in v8.01 which might have to do with your problems.

Many thanks for the advice.

Jim - I am using the current TMGv8.04 UK.

Virginia - I installed the pdf printer driver as you suggested and the problem was solved. I can now print the Reports I need without any problems.

Many thanks.

Karin