Ruth

TMG V8 Errors

Hi,

I was getting errors in V7, but now upgraded to V8, and today I have the following error:

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual FoxPro

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005 @ 2012.05.20 03:33:45 PM. Error log file: C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v8\VFP9Rerr.log

Called from - relthem line 22 {C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v8\common\programs\relthem.prg relthem.fxp}

Called from - frmdetails.cnteventlist.mprepareevents3 line 414 {c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct}

Called from - frmdetails.cnteventlist.update line 27 {c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct}

Called from - cnteventdata.pnid_assign line 15 {c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct}

Called from - frmdetails.cnteventlist.pnid_assign line 10 {c:\program files\common\libs\mdi.vct c:\program files\common\libs\mdi.vct}

Called from - frmdetails.rnid_assign line 24 {c:\program files\common\libs\mdi.vct c:\program files\common\libs\mdi.vct}

Called from - tmgappobj.mupdate line 45 {c:\program files\common\libs\appobj.vct c:\program files\common\libs\appobj.vct}

Called from - cntjumper.mprocessdblclick line 25 {c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct}

Called from - frmdetails.cnteventlist.cntjumper.mprocessdblclick line 1 {c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct}

Called from - frmdetails.cnteventlist.cntjumper.tmrstarter.timer line 5 {c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct c:\program files\common\libs\pview.vct}

Called from - tmgmain line 608 {C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v8\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg c:\program files\the master genealogist v8\tmg8.exe}

OK

Is there something I could do. Each time in V7 the errors were different.

Ruth Jericho

Ruth -

What operating system are you using - Win7, WinXP, Vista? Did you install v8 to the default (typical) folder locations?

What were you doing in v8 at the time you got the first error message (adding a person, switching views, etc.) ? Did you get the error messages in v7 when you were doing the same thing?

Try exiting TMG and rebooting your computer and then run the maintenance utilities Optimize - Validate File Integrity - Optimize and see if that clears up the problem.

Virginia

Error messages are meaningless without context.

C0000005 error messages are particularly meaningless without context since they are not coming from TMG but are coming from Visual FoxPro.

You need to explain precisely step-by-step how you are getting the error message.

I get Ruth's error repeatedly in v8. Whenever I try to (a) add external files or (B) restore "ALL" (including external files)" rather than just "PROJECT" from a backup, then the first and last lines of Ruth's error come up pointing to a problem in TMG namely... "tmgmain line 608 {C:\Program Files\The Master Genealogist v8\tmg\programs\tmgmain.prg c:\program files\the master genealogist v8\tmg8.exe}", rather than in Visual FoxPro. I have tried everything under the sun to fix it short of delving into programming fixes which are beyond me. TMG email support have tried valiantly but can't seem to help.