wnm

Program error message when creating reports in v8.04

I have used v7 and recently upgraded to v8.04. When I try to create some reports through the report menu, I receive an error message for the Descendant Box Charts, Ancestor Box Charts and the Hourglass Box Chart.

Here is the message that appears in each case when I click on one of these reports:

operator/operand type mismatch. 8

FRMCHART5.CNTFILTERFLAG1.MSETCONTROLS.

The only choice is to abort since retry and ignore options are not active. I use Windows 7 64 bit. Any advice how to correct this problem is appreciated!

Wendy

Virginia -

The screen for each of these reports immediately opens to the error message and does not allow me to access the page that contains the reset defaults button.

Wendy

Wendy,

does it make a difference if you try to run any of these reports, you're having trouble with, from the 'reporting toolbar' instead of using the menu 'Report' > .... ?

(To make the 'reporting toolbar' part of your TMG layout go to View > Toolbars > and check 'Reporting'.)

Vera -

It makes no difference how these reports are accessed, whether from the toolbar or the reports menu. The result of clicking on either button gives the error message.

Wendy

Wendy -

When TMG is closed, try deleting the report definition file in Windows Explorer for one of the default box charts - say the Ancestor.rpt file. It is in your Configurations files folder, named ancestor.rpt. To find the path go to Help on the top menu in TMG, then 'Access Folders'. Rightclick on the Configurations file folder and you can copy that path to your clipboard for pasting into Windows Explorer.

I just tried that with all three of my box chart configuration files and when I opened TMG again it had replaced those 3 missing copies with fresh ones.

This problem is only with the box charts?

Virginia

Wendy -

Great! Did you use the Access Folders option to find the path? That is such a handy feature in v8.

If you will be working with box charts, be sure and check out the VCF Forum here for the latest chart help and suggestions.

Virginia

I didn't use the Access Folders option and will look at that next.

However I claimed success too quickly. In this project I have 4 data sets. Only one of the data sets is able to access ancestor box charts, descendant box charts and hourglass charts. The other three data sets can now open hourglass charts but not ancestor or descendant charts. Yes, the problem exists only with box charts. Do you have any further suggestions?

Wendy

Virginia -

I followed the steps you outlined for each of the data sets in my project and now have all data sets working correctly. Hope it's a permanent fix! I also sent a trouble report to WG. Thanks again!

Wendy