BJHeard

upgrade v7 to v8 external exhibits links gone

I just upgraded from v7.04 to v8.04. All of the links for my external exhibits seem to be missing. The images are in a folder in "my pictures". I looked at Terry's TMG tips and followed his recommendation to uncheck the "external exhibits" button in 'project items' but the link to the external exhibits still didn't show up. I know I can manually recreate the link to the exhibits but I'd sure rather let the programs get the info for me.

I'm running a PC Windows7 64bit.

Thanks for your advise and help.

BJ Heard in hot Amador County, CA

It appears some of my external exhibits are OK but others are not. In this one project 69 external exhibits were checked for and 30 were NOT found. Can I get a list of who those 30 NOT found were associated with?

Look at the 'Last VFI.log' file in the project folder. You need to look at the file after VFI is run.

You can also look at the exhibits showing frowny faces in the Exhibit Log.

You can also use TMG Utility to list the exhibits.

I'm really sorry to be so DENSE but..... what 'VFI.log file in the project folder?' What project folder?

I know I can look at the exhibits showing frowny faces in the exhibit log one-by-one, but is there an easy way to see those 30 exhibit logs in one list?

Like I said, I'm really being dense today. It has been a long time since I did anything in TMG so I'm really rusty.

Thanks for the help.

BJH