Ray Cox

V8 Installation aborts in WinXP

I have tried to install V8 a couple of times on my XP SP3 machine and the installation aborts each time with the message "There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

This is not being installed as an upgrade. I currently have version 6.12 installed on this machine, but am installing v8 as a new, independent installation as I don't want to remove v6 until v8 is running well.

I have disabled my anti-virus software during the install process without any difference in results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray

Ray -

The pinned message at the top of the forum here has suggestions for new installations as well as for re-installing. Have you taken a look at those? Also, if you are not now, try accepting the defaults on installation.

Virginia

None of the issues addressed in the installation suggestions post applied to my install since it was a clean install for v8. I did get a successful install by selecting the Standard rather than Custom installation. On the Custom installations which failed, I had deselected the language modules and the example module. Those were the only non-standard things about the install I couldn't get to work.

Ray