BJHeard

companion product to view TMG8 data on Ipod?

Is there a companion product that will facilitate me loading my TMGv8 data onto my Ipod?

I searched "ipod" in this forum but didn't get any results.

I looked from the main page of this WG site under 'companion products' and didn't see anything.

There are so many Apple "I..." users out there I can't believe that no one has created the program I'm looking for. :rolleyes:

TIA. BJH

I believe the Ipod can display and view web pages? Use the companion product SecondSite to convert your TMG data to a set of web pages, then load your Ipod with those web pages and view them with the standard Ipod web viewer.

If I am not mistaken, the ipod only has a 3.5" (diagonal) display. Although I'm sure it could be done, it sounds like torture to view a Second Site web page on something this small.

I'd rather not use SS for the reasons mentioned above.

I am hoping there is something for the Ipod like the program that is/was available for Palm products. I can't remember the name of the software since I haven't used it in a LONG time.

Should I contact WG on Monday and see if they know of a product like I'm looking for?

GedStar Pro only runs under Android. There is no equivalent for IOS.

There are several IOS apps that let you view a GEDCOM on the iPOD Touch. Those are your only options. Check the App Store and use Google to find the reviews.

I just bought GedView and now I have both of my TMGv8 projects on my Ipod Touch! YIPPEE!! I've been without my data going with me everywhere for almost two years. It's been terrible. Now I have it back. HOORAY!

Thanks for the suggestion Jim.

I bought GedStar Pro for use with my Samsung Galaxy Note - and was very impressed with the results. A TMG database with just over 3,000 people transferred very easily indeed. You cannot edit it on the Note, but viewing seems easy and intuitive. So, just as for BJ, my data can go with me everywhere - and many thanks to Jim for the tip. (The Note is large phone/small tablet running the ICS version of Android.)