janice

operating system failed to register OCX used by TMG

The full message is "the operating syste failed to register an OCX used by TMG. You need to exit the program and run TMG once as administrator (right click on the program shortcut and select "Run as administrator"}. After TMG has been started once running as administrator, you can exitand, thereafter, can run the program normally. "

I have done this. I had to put in my serial number and still I get the above message. I have tried restarting as well.

What should I do next?

Using TMG 8.04 and win7

I have only just uninstalled TMGV7.

Grateful for any help.

Janice Cornwell

Melbourne Aus

I have tried that and I still get the same message.I restarted my comuter and also tried the sample project. I used TMG setup. Is that correct? Thanks for the prompt reply.

Janice

Janice -

You want to run the v8 Installer again. It has a Repair option. The installer is located in

C:ProgramDataThe Master Genealogist v8 Installer.

When you get v8 up and running, I recommend taking a screenshot of the list of v8 folder locations (specific to your installation) provided in Help / Access Folders on the top menu in v8. The info is handy to have when you can't get into the program.

Virginia

AccessFolders.jpg

I now have it working. Thank you Virginia and Jim. I am impressed by the number of posts the two of you have made. That is a lot of people you have helped.

Janice Cornwell

Down Under