In creating a kinship report I only get one page of descendants.

Report stops at one page with g-grand children.

Have generations checked off as 250.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

I just tested the TMG7 report to screen using the default configuration. The report that I tried had 3043 names and was 45 pages. I see no problem with this.

You might try resetting the report configuration to default by clicking the [Delete] button on the Report Definition Screen and creating the report again.

Jim thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.

Tried resetting the report configuration to default as stated.

No luck.

Just tried on my home computer and same one page report.

Greg

Greg -

Try the kinship descendant report starting with some of the great grandchildren and see if those reports continue normally and beyond one page.

What is the destination of your report?

Virginia

Virginia,

That did not work, same output as the other report when I do a "kinship descendant report" as suggested. Stops at one page.

Just printed "descendant box reports" 36" x 42' and descendnt indented narrative reports last night for our family reunion this weekend and all was fine. Output was to a plotter and a HP laser Jet.

Just the kinship that is not working.

Thanks,

Greg Dorrance

Greg -

Same problem whether your output is to Print Preview or directly to your printer?

Good to hear that the descendant box chart was successful. Did you use the PDF printer output for the plotter?

Virginia

Virginia, just used the bitmap format on the plotter for the 36 x 42' chart. I wanted it large enough so families could stand at their section and do corrections and additions with out being on top of one another. I used 16 pt fonts for the names. You can stand at three feet away and spot your family.

Just tried printing the Kinship report and all OK direct to the printer. A no go in print preview, don't know why I did not think to try it directly to the printer. So I guess I have a small bug that won't let print preview work.

Thanks again for your time and help,

Greg Dorrance

Greg -

In Print Preview, check that the 'Next Page' icon (black right arrow) at the top of the page is working for that report.

The bmp format is rated 'poor' (comparatively) for charts - small and large. Best image quality (excellent) is VC2 (charts that Wholly Genes prints); next best - and also excellent - is PDF, which is preferred by commercial printers. Instructions for saving a report in PDF format are on the VCF forum in one of the Pinned messages at the top of the forum. There is also a reference in that thread to Doug Hill's article on VCF charts and the comparisons of the different file formats for printing.

Best wishes for the family reunion. Wall charts are always a big hit -

Virginia