genbuff632

TMG 7.04 exhibit problem

I'm trying to add census images to back up my information. Now I'm getting a strange error - "File c:\...\owner\mydocuments\themastergenealogist v7\projects\kay_i.fpt is too large. FRMEXHIBIT.MADDEXHIBIT

What can I do to continue adding images?

Thanks!

Kay

While not knowing the exact cause of the error, you appear to be adding internal images. I would suggest adding links to external image files instead.

If I do that, will it still be part of the program? I went through the TMG files and saw that particular file size is over 2 meg compared to the others, which were way smaller.

Thanks!

Kay

An external image file is just a file in a folder. The link to that file is stored in the exhibit data table.

While TMG provides a default exhibit folder, external exhibits can be stored in any valid user folder of your choice. You can also store your exhibits in a folder tree but management is more difficult particularly if you move the tree in the future.

You can back up the exhibit files in a TMG backup along with the project files as long as the exhibits are stored in a single folder. However, eventually, you will hit some limit if you have enough exhibit files.

It is better to manage your external exhibits outside of TMG and to not include them in a TMG backup.