Sign in to follow this  
genbuff632

More exhibit problems - v. 7.04

I've been getting an error after, I guess, adding too many internal exhibits. Now I'm getting this error - "file c:\...\owner\my documents\the master genealogist v7\projects\kay_i.fpt is too large. FRMEXHIBIT.CONIMGLIST.RAITEM.RCLOADIMAGE_ASSIGN

Now what can I do?

Thanks,

Kay

Visual FoxPro does have a size limit for its tables - looks like you have hit it with the _I table - the Exhibit Log. Most TMG experts suggest using external exhibits as the way to go. Backup SQZ files will be very much smaller.

Internal exhibits can be converted to external files with PathWiz! see WhollyGenes online store - Companion products to purchase.

Bedubya

You can also change internal exhibits to external exhibits one at a time from the exhibit properties. And you can change all internal exhibits to external exhibits in one operation using TMG Utility. Bryan's PathWiz! utility has the advantage of being designed specifically to deal with exhibits (and can generate exhibit reports).

It would seem so. Most of us long-time users would recommend that if you have more than just a few exhibits we have found it better to have all of them external.

You need to explain more clearly exactly what you are doing and exactly what you do when you get the error. Are you using TMG Utility or PathWiz! to move all of the internal exhibits to external exhibits before you try to do anything in TMG?

The big question is whether your exhibits memo table is damaged and will need repairing.

Sorry about not being clear enough.

I'm not trying to move the internal exhibits out all at once - I was trying it one at a time. I went into the exhibit log and opened one of the internal exhibits. I hit properties and changed the reference tag from internal image file to external image file. When I got the "save to external image" window, I reused the name of the exhibit since I'm rearranging census images. When I hit ok, I get the "...kay_i.ftp is too large. FRMEXHIBIT.CONIMGLIST.RAITEM.RCLOADIMAGE_ASSIGN" I've tried all three options - abort, retry, and ignore, and I can't get the image to do anything. I don't own either programs you mentioned.

Thanks!

Ok. I tried it and it moved over 1800 exhibits. Maybe I'm not looking at the right people, but it looks like the exhibits I thought were moved still are saying they're internal. Did I do something wrong or did I just not look in the right spots?

Buff,

Are you sure you had the "log only" unchecked at the bottom of the screen in the Utility? If not you will see a log of the changes that would have been made, but they are not in fact made until you run the Utility again with that box unchecked.

Ok. I've run it. Now I have a new problem - the message is "An error happened when opening the data tables... File c:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsThe Master Genealogies v7ProjectsKAY_I.dbf. Now I'm really confused...

Ok. I've run it. Now I have a new problem - the message is "An error happened when opening the data tables... File c:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsThe Master Genealogies v7ProjectsKAY_I.dbf. Now I'm really confused...

Using what program? TMG Utility or TMG? Were the exhibit files successfully extracted by TMG Utility? Did the TMG Utility log file show you having a successful operation?

You need to provide information with some sort of context so that there is a better chance of understanding what you are saying.

I ran the TMG utility. I couldn't tell if the exhibit files were successfully extracted because I have been unable to open the database again. I kept getting more and more errors until I finally decided to use the backup. I'm afraid to run the utility program for fear it will mess that up. I still can't add external exhibits or move internal exhibits out, but at least I can open it. Any suggestions?

Did you look in the folder that you specified as the destination for the extracted files so that you could see whether the exhibit files had been extracted?

Ok. You need to start from the beginning. You said that you have restored the original project with all of the internal exhibits, right?

1) Run TMG and enable the Welcome screen if it is not enabled.

Preferences / Program Options / Start and Exit / select 'Show Welcome window'

2) Can you get to where your project is located so that you can make a ZIP file of it if necessary?

3) Assuming that your current project still has the internal exhibits...

Delete the exhibits that TMG Utility extracted.

Run TMG Utility and change the internal exhibits to external exhibits (again). Do NOT include the external exhibits.

The point of this is to get a project with the internal exhibits removed to get the size down.

4) Run TMG and try to open your project. I'll assume that you will get errors and can't do so.

If that's the case...

5) Locate your project and make a ZIP file of all of the project files (projects files, accents, filters, etc.).

If you don't know how to do this, get someone to help you.

6) Run TMG and open the Sample project. (This was the point of making sure that the Welcome screen was enabled.)

7) Use Help / Message Manager / Outgoing tab to upload the zipped project to the Wholly Genes server. Once that is done, let me know the name of the uploaded file so that I can retrieve it from the server.

You can contact me by email at: Jim Byram