6rtury

I thought this bug fixed in 8.04

I'm in data entering mode now for the 1940 census, and have run into the following problem multiple times. I seem to remember this being discussed previously, and thought it had been fixed in 8.04.

I enter multiple witnesses using the "+Multiple" option of the Witness screen. This mode of entry doesn't offer the option of selecting roles when entering. I enter five "Witnesses", and when they are accepted and the entry screen closes, I attempt to assign a role by highlighting a witness and selecting the proper role from the dropdown. The screen and program then freezes. I cannot minimize, move a screen, or get any response from the program. The only way I can proceed is to close the program via Task Manager, losing all I had entered for that tag. If, however, I close out the tag immediately after entering the multiple witnesses and then reopen the tag to change the witness roles, everything is OK. This is a workaround that requires additional time and effort.

I know this has been reported before but thought it has been fixed.

Am running v.8.04 on a Win7 x64 system.

Thanks.

Judith

Thanks Jim. I got no response from the Listserve except from another user who confirmed that she's noticed the same problem and finds it equally irksome.

Glad to hear that it's being remedied.

Judith