Dan Stone

Getting Must Specify Additional Parameters Error Message When Opening Project

Although I backup my project everytime I exit The Master Genealogist, I usually never close my project as I have just one. Tonight I closed my project and then reopened it. I got an error message which stated "Must specify additional parameters. 0 SEXOF" with buttons for Abort, Retry and Ignore. I'm wondering if there are any suggestions for resolving this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

You close your project every time that you exit TMG. You are saying that you never use the File / Close function. I can't replicate the error. This is most likely some data issue in your project. Have you run the database maintenance functions recently?

Run Optimize, Validate File Integrity and Optimize in that order.

Jim and Virginia,

Thanks for your suggestions and information. Strangely, when I started up TMG today, there was no error message. I used File / Close and File / Open, and still no error. Following Jim's suggestion, I went ahead and did an Optimize, Validate File Integrity and Optimize cycle. Two errors were reported as fixed. I then backed up my project just to be safe. Not sure what changed, other than exiting TMG and shutting down the computer last night, and then restarting today, but everything now seems fine *knocking on wood*. If the error returns, I will report back, otherwise consider the problem resolved.

Thanks again,

Dan