Rosanna

descendant indented chart has run amock

Using TMGW with Win v7 32bit. Word 2010

I used the chart for the first time in many months and I can get print view ok but this is what I get when trying to save to word for win 7. .

17 Dec 1988 Perth, WA Oh! Ok so this cut and pasted correctly, but in word it is showing. in a very stange way. I have never seen this in 10 years eg {XE "Places Perth WA"}

I also get full stops showing spaces between the chart lines. .I checked all my options and they are ok. I noticed Word for WIn 7 it didnt give a xdoc extension

I also used to be able to do a repair without waiting for a message asking me to do so. I cant do this anymore.

In places I have checked inselected fields, preposition bland and checked box to abbrievate country. I tried changing the preposition to "at" and"in" it is the same.

I also changed the abbrieviation. I also change to RTF and although the address is ok I get Capital A's instead of full stops. I tried PDF and the screen froze.

I cant see what else to change.Can anyoe help please?

Rosanna -

Are you using TMG7 or TMG8?

It sounds like you have the Word option set to show Hidden Text (the codes for Table of Contents, etc.). Check the settings for Hidden text in Word / File / Options / Display.

Do you have the PDF printer installed? That is in TMG under File / Printer Setup / Install PDF printer.

Virginia

Rosanna -

Are you using TMG7 or TMG8?

It sounds like you have the Word option set to show Hidden Text (the codes for Table of Contents, etc.). Check the settings for Hidden text in Word / File / Options / Display.

Do you have the PDF printer installed? That is in TMG under File / Printer Setup / Install PDF printer.

Virginia

Hello Virginia., Thank you very much. Sorry meant to put version 7. Yes I did have hiiden files enabled. I recall I needed it for some reason. I disabled it and It didn't fix my problem until I rebooted. As for the printer. No didnt know anything about this so thank you.

Once again thank you.

Kind regards

Hello Virginia

Using TMG 7

Yes it does sound like the same problem and hidden files was the first thing I checked because it fixed it last time.. I tried again today. The reason it only showed upon the first few lines is because the family hadn't given me a place. So wherever there is a place I get this code. I don't have the pdf printer installed and I never have had because when I send files out for checking I just want a word doc but interested to see this function as I will have use for it later.

I failed to mention that print preview is ok (didnt think to look at this) , It happens when I try to save it to file.

In fact my citation software may be a problem. I am using cite while you write. This comes up and then I get " execution failed" message which relates to my program. But I have had this programme for months and no problems before. I cant turn it off. Also I get the continuous line showing up but when I follow drections to fix this it is ok. The first step is to open draft view and trouble shoot from there . But it is ok in draft view.

Is there anything else I can try? Sounds like I have to look at my macros in word and also my endnote citation software. Strange though that it is the same problem except for continuous line.

Ok will look at other programmes.

Thanks very much.

regards