afinab

Role for 2nd Principal resets after editing tag in taglist

I just discovered a number of puzzling things

1. In my Milit tag the 2nd principal role of list (to be able to generate a listing) had been reset to principal, In the tagbox it was still showing as List, but when opening the tag, it was Principal.

2. I fixed a bunch of them, then decided to edit the role a bit. This caused the role to shift to the bottom of the role list (it was in the #3 spot). When I moved it up again, all the instances, that were fixed, were back to Principal, but the ones that had not been fixed yet, were again the proper role

I have noticed that in 8.04 the principal role seems to be ale to co-exist with a custom role (which I don't like, as no it takes 2 clicks to set roles for P1 and P2, where previously P2 would become the role under the one set for P1)

I also don't like that it no longer seems possible to just edit a role name; you need to copy it.

Any suggestions?

Afina

Afina -

Problems with roles in v8 have been discussed in some detail on the TMG-L mailing list. See Michael Hannah's message here in a recent thread on that list and then - if you want more details - cursor to the bottom of that message to read the preceding posts.

You will want to stay current with updates to v8 (v8.04 is the current version).

Virginia

Afina,

Yes, there are a few remaining problems with the new role V8 mechanism, such as their sort order in the list, but many users will probably not even notice if they don't use custom roles very much.

However, you noticed "principal role seems to be able to co-exist with a custom role". The removal of the roles dependency of P1 and P2 was done at the request of several users. If you make P1 something other than Principal, no longer must P2 also change. P2 may now remain Principal. The roles assigned to P1 and P2 are now completely independent. That is intentional and is not expected to change back. As you note "it takes 2 clicks to set roles for [both] P1 and P2". Yes, one click for each will now be required.