RogerUK

Differing rows shown per Tag?

I would like to have some Tags showing say a single row of data and others with as many as 10. Is there any way I can select the rows shown for each individual tag? thanks Roger

Roger -

You cannot change the number of rows for individual tags. You can, however, enable 'item tips' - which will temporarily display all the rows as you hover over the tag. On the right click menu in the Details view, click on 'Show item tips on the Person view.' This will display all the data for that tag, as in this example:

Tooltip.jpg

Also on the rightclick menu, select Preferences / Program Options / Item Tips for the options to show the item tips on other windows.

For some examples of custom TMG v8 layouts, see the message thread here. At the bottom of that message is a link to Terry's site and an article with tips on how to customize a layout..

Virginia

Thanks Virginia, show tips certainly helps. But many of my Tags only need one row and it would have been nice to have it set up that way thus leaving more space for the others. Will follow the customising thread you noted. Roger

Rodger,

If you turn on Item Tips as Virginia suggests you can leave the display set to one row - so all tags only get one row unless you hover your mouse over one that is longer.

I'm just experimenting here. It seems that optimum for me is to show 2 or 3 rows and then rely on the hover technique. But (a) you have to know there is more or else you won't hover and (B) you have to hover very precisely over the last line (no where else) for the technique to work.. Anyway if that's my only option that's what I will have to do. thanks for the help guys. Roger