John K

Short Footnote Form Problem

I am having a problem getting Journal Reports to consistently use the short footnote form. After the first footnote to a particular source, about 3/4 of the following footnotes continue to use the full footnote form, with the remaining 1/4 correctly using the short footnote form. I cannot see any pattern for when the full form is used, although it is used more often toward the beginning of the Report than at the end. If the Report always never used the short form, that would presumably mean that short footnotes had somehow been disabled. However, I cannot figure out why it would use them occasionally, but not always (after the first time).

Your setting on the source / Output form tab should typically be 'On - Requires same source and [CD]' for all sources. If this setting varies for different sources, you'll get variable output.

Jim,

Thank you. While your suggestion did not directly resolve the problem, in trying it out, and then drafting a reply to you, I noticed that in the "Sources" tab of the Report Options for my Journal Report, I had checked both "unique" under "endnotes," and also "combine consecutive footnotes/endnotes." When I eliminated one of those check-marks, everything worked as it should.

I really appreciate reading your thoughtful and helpful comments to so many of the questions posed by TMG users, and I am giving you full credit for solving my issue.