PeterKramer

Report options get lost

When I want to create a compressed pedigree report and make changes in the report options window, do confirm them with OK and press Create Report I get the standard reprort. The changes I made to places, report title etc. are gone. Same thing happens when confirmed with Save Settings. When re-opening the subwindow I am back to default settings.

What has gone wrong?

Peter

Peter -

The report configurations are saved in your TMG User Data folder. The default path for the v8 Configuration files is:

C:UsersuserDocumentsThe Master Genealogist v8Configuration_files

In Preferences / Current Project Options / Advanced, check that the path is correct for v8.

Virginia

Hallo Peter,

das o.a. Verhalten kann ich weder bei einer eingestellten Programm-Sprache "Englisch US" noch bei "Deutsch" nachvollziehen. Es ist auch egal, ob ich als Berichts-Ausgabe die Bildschirm-Vorschau wähle oder das Ganze z.B. als Word-Datei ausgebe.

Welche TMG Version ist unter welchem Betriebssystem im Einsatz?

Tritt das geschilderte Verhalten auch im TMG-Beispiel-Projekt auf?

Virginia and Vera,

As both of you understand English but perhaps only Vera speaks German I will reply in English. Since I posted my problem I had been looking every now and then for an answer, only to be disappointed by an empty window. To-day I realised I had been watching the cache image, pressed F5 and found two answers. Thank you very much to the both of you.

By now I have checked my preferences and found that the corresponding path led to my external drive H:, ending in a Configuration_files directory with files similar to those on C. Contained was a current file Compressed Pedigree.rpt.

Anyway I changed the path for the default directory on C:, configured a new test-report and ...

...got what I had entered. Bright night.

So thanks again for caring

Peter

Hallo Vera,

bei dieser Gelegenheit ein Extra-Gruß mit Dank für Terry's und Deine TMG-Tipps, die mir schon oft weitergeholfen haben.

Peter

Hallo Vera,

bei dieser Gelegenheit ein Extra-Gruß mit Dank für Terry's und Deine TMG-Tipps, die mir schon oft weitergeholfen haben.

Peter

Hallo Peter,

schön zu hören, daß Du Dein aktuelles Problem lösen konntest und Danke für die lieben Worte. Bist Du eigentlich auch Mitglied der deutschen TMG-Anwendergruppe bei Yahoo?

Herzliche Grüsse nach Hamburg

Hallo Vera,

die deutsche TMG-Anwendergruppe ist mir kein Begriff. Kann ich mich irgendwo informieren, was sich dahinter "verbirgt"?

Herzliche Grüße in den Taunus

Peter