DerekKain49

Add Person Templates missing

Hi all,

I have been adding new persons with just birth details.

I cannot get the Marriage tag type fields to show in the Add Person screen. From all 7 (seven) data sets in the same Project.

Now I want to add new persons with marriage details but in the Add Person no marriage template is showing.

I have been into Add Person Templates and checked that the Marriage template is in the selected tag types, I have even reset the templates in Setup.

I should add at this point that I have been cleaning up the excess Sources and Repositories. Then running maintenance to Optimise and Validate the data.

I still have just the Name-Variant, Birth and Death fields but, no Marriage.

I have added all the Marriage tag types but, none of the fields are showing up in the Add Person screen

It was all OK a few weeks ago.

Thank you for any assistance.

DerekKain49

Derek,

not sure if that helps, but "Marriage" only shows up on the Add Person Screen if you are adding a husband, wife, or spouse to any already existing person in your project/dataset.

To look-up TMG Help > Add Person Screen may be of additional help.

Derek,

You might consider the process I use to add a new spouse and children to an existing person. Instead of using the Add Person screen, I go to the existing person and then Add a Marriage tag. I put my cursor in the zero ID number of the missing spouse, and then click the Add Person button within the top right of the Marriage tag entry screen. That brings up the Add person screen for the new spouse, and when done leaves me in the Marriage tag to enter that information. Once the spouse and marriage is entered, I click on the Add Person button, check the new Version 8 "Add multiple people" box, and enter all the Children of this couple at once. That seems to be the most efficient process for me.

Hope this gives you ideas,