New install of TMG v8 on Win 7 x64. Computer is Intel 3.0 GHz quad core, 8 GB RAM, 1 Tb HD.

When printing any report type, can view report to screen (Screen Preview) just fine, but cannot printer to a PDF file. Computer locks up (after waiting 20+ minutes for a single family group sheet) and TMG becomes unresponsive. File name is created for report in desired location but file size is 0 bytes and cannot be deleted (still in use). Only way to recover is to force TMG to shut down, reboot computer and then delete file.

After reboot deleted files and then check printer setup in windows "Devices & Printers". Wholly Genes PDF writer needs troubleshooting. Only solution seems to be setting Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4 to default printer to clear errors in "Devices & Printers" - this is not acceptable solution since it will need to be routinely changed back for other house needs. Despite this change, PDF file printing in TMG still does not work anyway!

Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling PDF printer with no change in behavior.

Any ideas on why PDF printing is not functional and what it will take to get this working?

I've installed and uninstalled the WG PDF Writer 4 dozens of times under Win7 x64 and never had a problem so have no ideas.

You have tried uninstalling the PDF driver from Devices & Printers and then installing it from the TMG8 File / Printer Setup option?

I did have an operating system issue under Win8 and the fix for that is here...

http://www.whollygen...indpost&p=60220

As you noted, you should never set the WG PDF driver as the default printer.

You have never gotten an error message?

Thank you for the response, Jim. What you suggested is exactly what I did last night - uninstalled PDF printer from Win7 "Printers & Devices" and then reinstalled the PDF driver from the TMGv8 printer setup option with no change in behavior. This one has me stumped as it should not be this hard. I'll try the regedit fix you suggested (above) this evening and will also search for similar behaviors on the MS forums and via goggle.

Edited by dm7ich

Thank you to all that have responded. I tried the suggested fix from Jim and although it did not resolve this issue, I believe it was a very good thing to do. The solution posted by Virginia did the trick. The "Whollygenes PDF Writer v4" under Win7 "Devices & Printers" port was configured as LPT1: and changing it to NUL: resolved the issue!

Thank you!