Bob Bennett

PDF Printer Not Activated error code 20

Thought my PDF printer problems were a thing of the past. Unfortunately it has reared its head again. Using TMG v8 on Windows 8 on both a desktop and a laptop. The laptop is working fine. All of a sudden cannot get the desktop to recognize a PDF report. Need help. Tried everything I can think of including uninstalling TMG v8, deleting the existing TMG folder under programs, downloading TMG v8 from Wholly Genes site and reinstalling. Does not solve problem. The Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4 does not appear. Under adding a PDF printer do see "amyuni document converter". No idea what this is, and can't find a way to delete. Checked some of the existing topics, but can't find one that addresses my concerns or solve the problem. Would really like to get my PDF report writer working again.

Bob -

Did you install the PDF printer in TMG File / Printer Setup / Install PDF Printer? In my Win7 Devices and Printers, the Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4 Properties shows the model as Amyuni Document Converter 400.

Try setting the nul port. Rightclick on the printer icon and select Printer Properties. Select the Ports tab and make sure the Nul local port is selected.

Virginia

Virginia - Yes, checked that out. The amyuni document converter includes the name Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4 and Quicken. The Port is set to "NUL". To check it out went to Quicken set it to Quicken PDF Printer on NUL. Tried to save a file and received the same error code - 20. Strange!!!

Here's the fix for the error code 20 issue...

http://www.whollygen...indpost&p=60220

If the driver shows as "amyuni document converter" in Devices and Printers and not as "Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4", then it is not properly installed and must be deleted and reinstalled. If you can't delete it, have you tried rebooting?

Virginia - Jim: You are right on. Noting that both TMG and Quicken was having the same problem. Figured it was the printer driver. I had rebooted earlier and that had no effect. I deleted the printer named anyuni document converter, went back to TMG and then to printer setup under file. Did an install, and can now print using PDF. Thanks for your help.

I have Win 8 64-bit and TMG v.8.08.

I can't produce (Save-To) a report in PDF format as TMD displays error: "printer not activated error code -20".

As advised above, I did go into my regedit and did change the HKEY CURRENT-CONFIG Permissions ( Security Tab) Full Control from unchecked to checked.

In Printers, I do show a "Wholly Genes PDF Writers V4 Properties" installed.

I rebooted and still have the printer-not-activated-error-20. Please advise