eric99

Add nickname tag info to Ancestor Chart?

I'd like to create an ancestor chart that includes both the name of individuals as well as nicknames. I have numerous people in my database that have their full name entered into TMG as their "official" name and also have a nickname tag completed.

I've gone through the "Options" and "Data Types" selections under the Ancestor Chart report. Many different choices are presented to allow various tag information to be printed on an Ancestor Chart but none of the various name tags (Name-Chg, Name-Marr, Name-Nick, or Name-Var) are shown as possible selections.

Is there a way to do this? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Eric

Eric -

You can do it with a workaround by adding a custom tag 'Nickname' in the Other Event group to each person with a Name-nick tag. It might not be too onerous if you do it for one chart at a time. Make a List of People report filtered for Name-nick .. number of tags.. is greater than 0... AND... is an Ancestor of X. Add the Nickname tag to each of those people, and in the Memo enter the phrase you want to appear in the chart. In the chart Data Types, add the' Nickname*Memo' data type.

I made a simple example using the phrase 'Also known as' for the focus person in the chart. You would probably want to add that data type at the top of the list of data types for each box type.

Nickname.jpg

Virginia