Sign in to follow this  
Alexander Payne

Gedcom Export with hidden data

For people, when you use the Export Wizard, in Step 4 you can specify that only the people selected on the Project Explorer or only the people in a Focus Group should be exported. When I do this I usually create a custom Flag with default of 'N' and then set to 'Y' those people I wish to export. Then I can filter the Project Explorer based on that flag, and create and save a Focus group of those people.

For tags, in Step 6 of the Wizard you can select which tag types will export. I often create custom tag types which are the same as a "normal" tag type, but are sensitive. For example, I will export the standard "Address" tag type, but will not export my custom "AddressSens" tag type. You cannot export only some Address tags but not others. But you can easily make a copy of a standard tag type, give the copy a new "sensitive" name, and then change the specific tags to the new type as desired.

Hope this gives you ideas,

Alexander,

If you want to exclude the 20 people totally, Michael's idea of using a Flag should work well. If you expect most people will be included, create the Flag with values of Y,N so that the default is Y. Then change it to N for the 20 people. Then use the Flag as Michael describes to control who gets included in the GEDCOM.