John Weidner

Returning to TMG 7.04?

John,

Version 8 solved lots of issues for 64 bits users. I'm very happy and would never consider going back to 7.04.

I never left Version 7 because of the WordPerfect issue! I don't have Word and have too much invested in specialized macros to reformat TMG reports to just abandon WordPerfect. I was told by Jim Byrum back in June 2012 that version 8.05, supposedly in beta test, was likely to have WordPerfect support - but that version is yet to appear. While I was enthused by his reply at the time, I've grown increasing impatient with TMG responsiveness since then. I, for one, would like to hear some word from TMG on this issue beyond their usual "you'll get it when it's done". We lost a capability in the transition from ver 7 to ver 8. Saying that it "solved lots of issues for 64 bit users" just doesn't hack it.

I am still with 7.04 because of the issues with roles. I will remain in 7.04 until 8.0x fixes all the bugs in the way roles are edited, sorted or renamed. If I need the word processing abilities of 8.0 I can always import my data, and print.