Chappy

Reinstalling TMG v8

I am trying to reinstall TMG v8 after I encountered a problem. I would click on the icon on my desktop and nothing would happen. This started this morning after successfully running the program after upgrading from v7 last March. So I uninstalled it and deleted the program files as suggested. Now when I attempt to reinstall v8 I get the following application error-

"The instruction at 0x77323fbb referenced memory at 0x004d0020. The memory could not be read."

Dear Chappy,

It is possible -- not likely, fortunately -- that your machine is suffering a hardware memory error. If the install program is complaining of the same memory location every time, that makes the possibility a little greater. There is a memory diagnostic built in to Windows 7 which you can invoke. It is non-destructive, so there is no danger in trying it for a few hours or perhaps overnight.

Instructions for the diagnostic are found at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer.

All good wishes -- HTH.

Robert

P.S. In my experience, about half of memory problems can be remedied by removing the DIMMs from the sockets and then reseating them.

I again checked to see all files were deleted, then restarted my computer, checked for files again, then tried again to reinstall. The install seemed to be going fine when I got a massage that said "The application encountered a problem it could not handle and stopped.

Chappy -

If you are using a custom install, try the typical install. If you are running an anti-virus program try an install without it.

Are you using the original install file or did you download the latest (trial) version from the WG site?

Virginia

I reinstalled again, it seemed to install fine with no error messages. Now I am back where I was in the first place. I click to open the program. The little circle appears for about 1/2 second then nothing. Like the minute it opens it crashes?

Chappy

stuck in limbo without TMG!