Chappy

Will not start

I missed Ms Schmidt's entries from earlier until the post today. (I am slow!) So I read her posts and noticed she also had Comcast as her ip. I uninstalled Constant Guard and TMG appears to be working as perfect as before this problem started. My fingers are crossed and I thank you Kay Schmidt!

Chappy

The offending program is called Antilogger SDK and is installed as part of Comcast Security and Anti-Virus package, it installs silently in the background, even if you are not or think you are not using Comcast Constant Guard it's installed. It also has been causing problems with other programs.

See http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Antilogger-sdk/td-p/1575005

Edited by ggilbert1

I am finding TMG is slowly dying at the moment. It is taking a long time to open the database. I have a second copy on a laptop and I have the same problem there. I use Second Site on the laptop and it took 38 minutes to run to create my website - normally it is a few minutes.

Once the file is open everything works fine. Seems the problem has to do with the opening of files.

I get the same issue when I exit the program and choose to backup. TMG goes into a "not responding" mode for 30 seconds or more and then finally wakes up and does the backup. Definitely something to do with the opening and closing of files.

The only other time I experience this slow response is when I put editing in the text in the Memo fields - it takes a long time to process the edited text when I exit the memo field editing box.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to fix this?

HP updated my machine the other night and I can no longer open TMG 8.x. This happened a month or so ago and I restored to a prior version. Clearly HP is going to keep updating my machine. I tried the Microsoft msi fix. No luck. Any other thoughts? I also tried turning off Norton. Still nothing. Same symptoms.